Wednesday 17 April 2013

Trance Music






Throughout my life, I have listened to a lot of different types of music. There were definitely quite a few phases that I went through - there was a time when I used to listen to hip hop music, then came the rock and metal phase. But as days passed by, started to experiment with different genres of music. I remember, when I used to hang out with one of my cousins, he used to listen to electronic music a lot. I had to listen to it of course, but at first it was too heavy for my ears. But eventually, I was really interesting in it. I started to love it, so I took a fair bunch of songs from my cousin, and started listening to them. And now, I love it! Nowadays, I listen to a huge variety of music, but Trance music is what I love the most.

There is a selected group of people who truly love Trance music.

Trance is a genre of electronic dance music that developed in the 1990s in Germany. It is characterized by a tempo of between 110 and 150 beats per minute, repeating melodic, and a musical form that builds up and down throughout a track. Trance is more melodic and harmonic than any other dance music. It refers to an induced emotional feeling, high, euphoria, chills, and uplifting rush listeners experience.

Trance is broken down into different sub genres like classic trance, vocal trance, progressive trance, hard style trance, and many more. I personally like classic, vocal and progressive trance.

Some of my favourite DJs who play trance music are Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, Dash Berlin, Above & Beyond, W&W, Gareth Emery and Hardwell.

When I started to love Trance music, I always wanted to go to a Trance festival, where I could see all my the world famous DJs. But back in Bangladesh, where I am from, no trance festivals take place. But when I came to Sydney, my dream came true! I went to Stereosonic, which is one of the biggest Electronic Music Festival, which was held at Sydney Olympic Park. I witnessed a lot of great DJs, and enjoyed really great music.

By Nadim Hassan

No comments:

Post a Comment